Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Knuckleduster's November Kickstarter preparations are galloping along. We released free PDFs of the Gunfighter's Ball Greenhorn Edition so you could get an idea how the game works. Now we've put together a discounted sample set of figures, buildings, dice, and poker chips to whet your appetite for November's big party. The sampler items are all available for immediate shipment, so you examine the way everything is produced and put together before committing to the Kickstarter.
The $45 sampler includes:
1. Three Gunfighter's Ball figures (with slotta bases), chosen at random from among the fighters in the collection.
2. One false-front commercial building, also chosen at random (does not include the Smithy or small out-buildings; only the buildings with false front and boardwalk that show you the full capabilities of our multi-media design).
3. A set of 4D6s, 2D10s (one ivory and one black), and a cubic D3 (1-1-2-2-3-3).
4. Clay poker chips used to track wounds in the game. Each character gets six white and three red chips; 3 full sets are included in the sampler.
If you are already a customer with Knuckleduster figures and don't want randomly-selected fighters, please let me know and we'll substitute bystander characters for them.
If you already have Gunfighter's Ball buildings and figures, you can order a dice set, now available in the shopping cart. These are good quality Koplow dice, and include the D3, which saves you the trouble of modifying a D6.
We're always happy to answer any questions you have about the game or the miniatures in the comments below or on our facebook page.
In anticipation of our November Kickstarter, Knuckleduster has released a simplified version of the game called "Gunfighter's Ball, Greenhorn Edition." The release includes:
1. Rules PDF with a version of Gunfighter's Ball for beginners. Advanced rules from the upcoming Judge's Guide are not included, but the Greenhorn Edition is a complete, self-contained game.
2. Quick-Play sheet PDF with the basic charts needed for play.
3. Three starter scenarios that range from a dirt-simple grudge match to a big gunfight spanning an entire town.
4. Generic character cards, in printable form and in jpeg format for those of you who want to modify the cards to include photos of miniatures.
A set of the dice needed for play has also been released. This set features 4D6s, 2D10s (one ivory and one black), and a cubic D3 (1-1-2-2-3-3).
You'll get a zip file with the rules, quick-play sheet, scenarios, and character cards. Unzip them and start playing!
NEXT POST; THE GUNFIGHTER'S BALL PRE-KICKSTARTER SAMPLER KIT!
Saturday, September 30, 2017
The upcoming Gunfighter's Ball Kickstarter will feature an expansion of our terrain kits. If you're not familiar with our new MDF building line, let's do some quick catch-up.
WHY NEW WILD WEST BUILDINGS?
We wanted terrain that matched the size and heft of figures made by us, Dead Man's Hand, Wyrd (Malifaux) and other figure makers of recent years. We also wanted to inject more detail into the designs without adding a lot of assembly hassle.
The solution? Mixed media buildings, part wood, part metal, and in future configurations on the drawing board, part resin.
WHAT MAKES GUNFIGHTER'S BALL BUILDINGS UNIQUE?
--The steady hand of Lee Beheler, the same designer who created the old TCL buildings that many of you are familiar with. He's excited to have a chance to update his designs and apply lessons learned over the years.
-- Roofs that come off
-- Doorways that are realistically-scaled for today's game minis, especially when they're on the kind of thick bases made today.
--Doors and windows that are fully modeled in 3D and cast in metal. They have interior and exterior detail. Sashes really do appear as separate shapes, and there is woodwork around the inside of every opening.
--Extreme ease of assembly. The basic carcass of the buildings go together without a "zipper" seam along the edges, and the hardware pops into place and can be held with a dab of superglue.
--Interiors that have fully engraved floorboards, and all the planking dressed up with butt joints and nail holes. Also, the cedar shake roof pattern is much more to-scale than buildings we've made in the past.
--A 1/4" "foundation" so the floor and boardwalk are not resting directly on the ground.
DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE KICKSTARTER TO GET MY HANDS ON GUNFIGHTER'S BALL BUILDINGS?
Not hardly, pilgrim. Here are the buildings already in production and in the shopping cart, ready for purchase:
WHAT BUILDINGS ARE GOING
TO BE IN THE KICKSTARTER?
In the Kickstarter, we'll be launching a bank (MDF with a fancy resin front), an old adobe jail (like the one in Rio Bravo), a barber shop/bath house (complete with barber pole, ornate barber chair, bathtub, and other furnishings), a two-story boarding house/hotel , and large saloon with room for Cancan Dancers and multiple tables of poker and faro games (the Alamo Saloon).
These buildings will take it up to the next level in terms of accessories and detail. Remember my old metal-cast bank interior set? It will be completely re-worked with a resin teller's cage and digitally-modeled desks, clerks, and a vault door. The resin bar is modeled and awaiting the funding to go into resin production, and a line of furniture for the boarding house is pretty far along. Prototypes for these and more Kickstarter items we'll save for a future post.
Monday, September 11, 2017
COMING, NOVEMBER, 2017...
Finally, the Kickstarter that will bring together all the pieces of the Gunfighter's Ball system into one Wild West game. This will include:
- The core rules, also known as the Judge's Guide, which covers basic rules, advanced rules, character-building, faction-building, and scenarios.
- New, unreleased metal and resin models.
- An expansion of the Gunfighter's Ball building kits, including a large saloon with accessories, an even larger livery stable, and a jail house, all with the signature multi-media construction style that utilizes metal cast detail parts in conjunction with traditional MDF framing.
- A full color card deck that includes photos and stats for every model Knuckleduster produces and expansion card packs for the newest figures.
Stay tuned for updates!
Friday, July 28, 2017
GUNFIGHTER'S BALL (TM) is Knuckleduster's premier line of Wild West miniatures, superbly sculpted, mastered with digital technology and cast in razor-crisp tin pewter.
The range includes:
Over 50 fighters
More than 30 bystanders
MDF Buildings and Terrain
To top it off, Knuckleduster is in the final stages of editing the Gunfighter's Ball (TM) skirmish game system, which will be published in the fall of 2017.
Explore the Knuckleduster West in our online store, and stay tuned for more information on the Gunfighter's Ball (TM) game, coming soon!