Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Knuckleduster's November Kickstarter preparations are galloping along. We released free PDFs of the Gunfighter's Ball Greenhorn Edition so you could get an idea how the game works. Now we've put together a discounted sample set of figures, buildings, dice, and poker chips to whet your appetite for November's big party. The sampler items are all available for immediate shipment, so you examine the way everything is produced and put together before committing to the Kickstarter.
The $45 sampler includes:
1. Three Gunfighter's Ball figures (with slotta bases), chosen at random from among the fighters in the collection.
2. One false-front commercial building, also chosen at random (does not include the Smithy or small out-buildings; only the buildings with false front and boardwalk that show you the full capabilities of our multi-media design).
3. A set of 4D6s, 2D10s (one ivory and one black), and a cubic D3 (1-1-2-2-3-3).
4. Clay poker chips used to track wounds in the game. Each character gets six white and three red chips; 3 full sets are included in the sampler.
If you are already a customer with Knuckleduster figures and don't want randomly-selected fighters, please let me know and we'll substitute bystander characters for them.
If you already have Gunfighter's Ball buildings and figures, you can order a dice set, now available in the shopping cart. These are good quality Koplow dice, and include the D3, which saves you the trouble of modifying a D6.
We're always happy to answer any questions you have about the game or the miniatures in the comments below or on our facebook page.
In anticipation of our November Kickstarter, Knuckleduster has released a simplified version of the game called "Gunfighter's Ball, Greenhorn Edition." The release includes:
1. Rules PDF with a version of Gunfighter's Ball for beginners. Advanced rules from the upcoming Judge's Guide are not included, but the Greenhorn Edition is a complete, self-contained game.
2. Quick-Play sheet PDF with the basic charts needed for play.
3. Three starter scenarios that range from a dirt-simple grudge match to a big gunfight spanning an entire town.
4. Generic character cards, in printable form and in jpeg format for those of you who want to modify the cards to include photos of miniatures.
A set of the dice needed for play has also been released. This set features 4D6s, 2D10s (one ivory and one black), and a cubic D3 (1-1-2-2-3-3).
You'll get a zip file with the rules, quick-play sheet, scenarios, and character cards. Unzip them and start playing!
NEXT POST; THE GUNFIGHTER'S BALL PRE-KICKSTARTER SAMPLER KIT!